Mercedes-Benz vehicles are certainly cherished by their owners and appreciated for being sporty, luxurious and high performance. As a diligent Mercedes-Benz owner, you understand that this vehicle requires a certain level of upkeep and care to ensure it is running optimally and delivering that smooth ride you’ve become accustomed to. While ensuring your oil, engine and transmission are maintained, you may have forgotten about the windshields and tires.
These parts are a crucial component of your maintenance routine. Here’s what you need to check for in your Mercedes-Benz tires and windshield.
Mercedes-Benz Tire Maintenance
The four crucial components to consider when checking your vehicle’s tires include the following:
- Age: The age of the tire is important. Most tires can last for approximately 40,000 miles. In addition to the mileage, your tires should be replaced once they are over 10 years old.
- Inflation: It is of vital importance to ensure your tires are inflated to the manufacturer’s requirements. If one tire seems to consistently need to be inflated, it may be an indicator of it needing to be replaced. Our Mercedes mechanics will ensure a thorough examination and identify the source of the leak causing the tire to deflate.
- Tread: If the tread on the vehicle is less than 1/16 of an inch, it’s time to have the tires replaced.
Mercedes-Benz Windshield and Wiper Blade Maintenance
Wiper blades on the vehicle’s windshield are often an afterthought. Only when the blades fail or the windshield is broken are they really thought about. Consider evaluating them before these scenarios take place. Here’s what to look at:
- Wiper Blades: Wiper blades on a vehicle often last between six months to a year. If there is obvious streaking, squeaking, skipping or splitting from the blades, our Mercedes service technicians will install a new set. We can also look at the blades to see if there is a bent frame or any corrosion on the joints.
- Washer Fluid Level: A filled washer fluid level ensures the windshield will be kept clean and you can drive will complete visibility.
- Windshield Condition: The windshield protects the inside of your vehicle from weather elements and road debris and is a critical component to your safety. You never know when cracks develop in the windshield as a result of rocks or debris that you do not notice at first. Our Mercedes service centre can certainly replace the windshield or repair the cracks in the windshield to ensure your safety and the visual appeal of your vehicle.
Right Tech Auto – Mercedes service centre will ensure your vehicle is safe, sturdy, reliable and always maintain its appealing aesthetics and high performance. Using highly advanced technologies by Mercedes mechanics that specialize in this car brand, your vehicle is always in the right, most knowledgeable hands. For any service, repair or installation needs, book an appointment at https://www.righttech.ca/contact.asp#main.